Sunday, August 11, 2013

July 22, 2013



Hello everyone!
Sorry it's been so long since I've had time to address my mission for public eyes!  I'm just loving the work and enjoying every minute that I can.  Boy do I have stories to tell though.  Maybe even too many.  So we shall start with some
On Monday- July 8th, I got to go to Six Flags New England!  It was so much fun.  We got permission and everything and a member actually used their season pass to get us a free ticket.  It was so much fun.  We went with our Zone Leaders and it was like being a normal person again, yet I hated that feeling.  I enjoyed it a lot don't get me wrong, but when you are set apart as a missionary, you feel and do stuff different from what you are use to.  But we had a blast and I'm so glad I got to go!
On July 17th, the day before my birthday, my companion and I got in a car accident.  No one was hurt, but we basically totaled our car.  We were heading through an intersection with a green light when a girl ran a red and we t-boned her in the side.  Her car was dented on the side and our entire front smashed together like an accordion.  No bueno.  So we didn't have a car for the rest of the day.  Our Zone Leaders had to come pick us up to take us to transfer meeting the next day.  So our area is just doomed with accidents about every 6 months.  6 months ago, the Elders in Pittsfield had gotten in another accident and now this one.  I feel bad for the Elders who will be here in 6 months.  Hahaha
Being away from home on your birthday is a bittersweet experience.  I missed my family and all that stuff, but I mean, my fellow missionaries in the field are my family as well.  That's the great thing, you are never alone out here.  I got lots of birthday texts from everyone in the mission and my family and friends sent me lots of neat gifts.  Thank you all for the warm birthday greetings.
To everyone who is reading this, know that I love you all and that missionary work is a fantastic work and you have the potential to do it in your own areas.  Thank you for all the support and know that Heavenly Father is there to support you as well.
I'll write more stories next week but until then stay strong!  Alma 37: 36-37
Love,
Elder Kimbell



No comments:

Post a Comment